Soon it will be Christmas....this year so much is different than before. We have to continue to keep our distance and limit our social contacts. Worries and fears weigh us down, making it all the more important to take care of ourselves. By that I also mean our mental health.
Chocolate has always been considered to be a soul comforter. The tryptophan it contains has an effect on our neurotransmitters in the brain, which are responsible for the development of feelings of happiness. So put an end to your guilty conscience and bring on the chocolate cakes!
150g dark chocolate (70%)
2 whole eggs and 2 egg yolks
2 tbsp flour
- Melt butter and dark chocolate at low temperature or in a bain-marie and let cool slightly.
- Beat eggs with egg yolk and sugar on highest speed until very foamy (this already takes 5 minutes!)
- fold in chocolate butter and sift flour over it and mix carefully
- grease ovenproof glasses or baking cups (e.g. muffin tray and sprinkle with sugar or cocoa)
- Fill in the dough to a maximum of 2/3 and bake at 150 degrees in about 10 minutes. The surface is firm and the dough underneath very soft.
- Leave ramekins to stand for a short time and then turn out carefully.
Serve with compote or fruit salad. Here I once prepared mango with lime juice, blueberries and passion fruit or mango with mint and pomegranate seeds.
Best success I wish you and a healthy, blessed and contemplative Christmas!
About the author:
Let me introduce myself.
My name is Bettina and I have been cooking with passion ever since I can remember. Originally I studied architecture and worked for many years as an architectural photographer. I am 55, have raised 4 children and live in Munich with my husband, dog and youngest child. I am also a grandma.
Last year I completed a one-year training as a nutritionist and as a mindfulness coach. Healthy food and a happy soul are the basis for a healthy life, so I try to translate all my knowledge into healthy and delicious dishes.
I have been organizing cooking trips to Marrakech for a few years now. Unfortunately, Corona is throwing a wrench in the works at the moment.
From now on I may suggest you a recipe every month. Mainly vegetarian and always seasonal. It should be quick and delicious. I promise!
Also feel free to check out Bettina on Instagram: @besch_food